Stress is really disturbing in our life. It causes many problems, from mental problems to physical problems. The main cause of stress is the feeling of uncertainty and may trapped people in certain place of a hole, called anxiety and depression. One of the mental problems caused by stress is the adjustment disorder. Adjustment disorder is one of many mental problems that can be discovered through diagnostic of major stress cause, the daily habit symptoms and the impact on the daily functional ability. There are many kinds of disorder, which will explain below, and the symptoms of which it can be classified as an adjustment disorder. If you interested in knowing more about Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood, you might want to read more below.
The kinds of Adjustment disorder
Adjustment disorder has many kinds of sub-disorder. Those kinds of the disorder are derived from medical information and psychologist medical record throughout the adjustment disorder cases. For now, there are six kinds of adjustment disorder found throughout research:
- Disturbance of Conduct of the Adjustment Disorder
- Mixed Disturbance of Emotions and Conduct of the Adjustment Disorder
- Depressed Mood of the Adjustment Disorder
- Anxiety of the Adjustment Disorder
- Mixed Anxiety and Depressed Mood of the Adjustment Disorder
- Unidentified Adjustment Disorder
The Source of Adjustment Disorder with Mixed Anxiety and Depressed Mood
Mostly, the main causes of adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood is from stress. The source of stress can be from post traumatic disaster or marital or love problems. Based on research, it was found that there are several source of stress that can lead to adjustment disorder:
- Marital problems; Discovering your partner is cheating, losing your partner, divorced.
- Post Traumatic Problems; Return from battlefield, being a victim of disaster.
- Medical Problems; Diagnosed with serious disease, Injured from deadly accident
The Symptoms of the Adjustment Disorder
For the person who can be classified as the person who have the Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood through several symptoms. The symptoms of the adjustment disorder are known from the several aspects:
- Emotional in three months related to the source of stress.
- Unending Grieving. Most people who are unidentified of having an adjustment disorder can be identified by its grieved state. If the person is always grieving in the same problems over and over, then it can be defined that it has an adjustment disorder.
That is the short explanation of the Meaning of Adjustment Disorder with Mixed anxiety and depressed mood. Like previously stated, adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood comes from stress and cause troubles in our daily life. Several types of research show that 12% of persons have caught the adjustment disorder, which 38% of it comes from military personnel while 23% of it is married or engage people. From there, it can be stated that the main cause of adjustment disorder is from a trauma of disaster or love problems.